Tuesday, April 19, 2011

e.l.f Lip Stain: First Date

Hello Ladies! It's been awhile!
I purchased a new product today which is shocking because I basically banned myself from buying any makeup products until my boyfriend gets a job.
Well, this lip stain by e.l.f was only $1 at the Dollar store and I couldn't help but pick it up to try.







I'm not 100% sure if I like this yet or not. It's one of those items that you don't really know if you should like it or hate it.

Pros:
Says it's long lasting and I wore it for a little while today and it seems pretty long lasting
Really pretty pink coral like color with slight gold sparkles
Can be worn with or without the gloss
Cons:
Lip stain stinks! I was like "woo this smells horrible!"
Tubes get really messy when you close them..I feel like I'm constantly wiping excess product off of the tube.

I will try to put up some pictures later of it on my lips so you all can see it.


Have any of you ladies tried these lip stains by e.l.f? What was your opinion?

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a really pretty color! I've never tried any of those, but it's too bad that they stink. You'd think companies would realize that it would be a GREAT idea to make products that will end up like an inch from your nose smell good, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a pretty color =) I have been curious about these. good to see a post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recently purchased 3 of these and i haven't really tried them out yet but the colors are really pretty. they didn't have this shade at my target but if they did i'd probably grab it. let us know how u like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two of these lipstains, and yeah, they have really pretty colors. But they are more of a lipstick than a stain when you combine it with its' gloss. Which was disappointing to find out that it was coming off on glasses. I suggest you wear just the color as a matte lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks..I did try that but I didn't care too much for it being matte because it wasn't very filling I guess. I don't know how to describe it really.

    ReplyDelete