Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take it to the next step - Shellac

I only heard about this recently from a friend - Shellac. The nail polish like no other that stays nice for weeks longer than your regular nail polish. If you haven't heard about Shellac, here's a little more information on it.


Shellac Nail Polish

Why is this polish so desired?
Shellac Nails lasts up to 14 days without losing shine, breaking, chipping, or smudging. Even more amazing is the removal process. It is a 1, 2, 3 miracle. Shellac Nails comes right off with application of acetone.
CND (Creative Nail Design), the leader in professional nail, hand and foot beauty, is proud to introduce the first hybrid nail color after nearly five years of development in its state-of-the-art laboratory. Now you can say good-bye to chips, smudges, and dry time and say hello to Shellac™ Hybrid Nail Color! This revolutionary product applies like polish, wears flawlessly for 14 days of high gloss shine, and is removed in minutes.
Information courtesy of google 


My friend Ashley and I decided to go out and have a girls day yesterday. I haven't had one of these in forever. I hardly ever get to pamper myself, mainly because it's my choice to just save my money or use it on more appropriate things. We ended up going to Happy Nails Salon & Spa. There prices were pretty good and we had planned on just getting the basic mani & pedi for $35 and then adding the paraffin wax extra. Of course, the owner thought otherwise and talked us into spending $60 and also going with Shellac. Over an hour later, paraffin wax and hot stone treatment, we had adorable nails and were $60 broke. haha. Guess that's the price you pay for pampering yourself. I was nice enough to double check with the boyfriend if it was okay for me to spend that much. My original plan was to go to the place his mom gets her nails done and pay $25 for a mani and pedi and just skip the wax. Oh well.




Overall I'd have to save that I'm pretty impressed with my nails but I don't think I'll be going to that nail salon again. My nails didn't come out as perfectly as I had hoped, Ashley got skipped on the wax part because her nail ladies were too busy on their iphones texting and when I asked to have zebra print on my toes, the lady did a flower -_-.




Ashley picked the color [China Glaze] and I don't remember the name of it but it's a pretty coral color with a bit of a shimmer/sparkle to it. It went on really light and the lady had to do about 3-4 coats to get it a bit darker for me. I'm not sure if I like this color or not but I do know I don't care for the flower. lol.




Here are my finger nails with the Shellac. They didn't have too many pretty colors to choose from so it was either this one (to sorta match my toes) or a really bright, neon pink. My nails kind of remind me of Dorothy's Ruby Heels in The Wizard of Oz. haha. I'm not sure if I like the color or not. In the picture it looks a little red but it's actually pink. The boyfriend didn't like the color at all lol. He said it was too sparkly. I have to agree lol.




Ashley ended up getting a french tip shellac instead of doing a color and her's turned out pretty good. We were both amazed at how well this polish stands up to the everyday beating.


Have you used shellac nail polish??

2 comments:

  1. I havent used it but I really really want to!

    So jealous! Gonna have to hunt this out!

    dp
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice. I worked on my car the other day and had it been regular nail polish, it would have been a goner but this stuff didn't even chip!

      Delete