Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fitness Time - Getting my Butt in Gear

image courtesy of google


Recently I've gotten into the habit of going to a gym and working out. Crazy right?! My friend Ashley lives at this amazing apartment complex and has an awesome gym full of weights, treadmills, ellipticals, stationery bikes and a yoga/kickboxing room.

She told me "Katie...I don't want to be fluffy anymore, so let's start working out". Of course I can't say no to that because I'm fluffy too and could use some exercise in my life. I used to weigh a lot less when I was in high school but kinda fell down the hill when I got my office job. You know, the one where you're constantly sitting at a desk answering phones? Yeah, that's my life now. 

We decided to try to workout every night for 30min-1 hour. Here's how my workout schedule has gone the last 3 days. 

  Saturday Night - was our first workout night and I did 30+mins on the bike @ 11mph. Then I did 30+mins on the treadmill @ 3.8mph and 5% incline. I also did 41 reps of abs. 

Sunday Night - 30+mins on the treadmill, 5% incline, 3.8mph. 30+mins on bike @ 11mph. Jump rope 10 mins, dance video for 20 mins. 

Monday Night - 5 mins on the treadmill, 15% incline, 3mph [friend told me to do this for a lot longer but I couldn't lol], Weights, 60 pounds @ 20 reps, change position, another 60 pounds @ 20 rep, Leg weights, 60 pounds @ 20 reps, 100 pounds @ 20 reps, Stairs for 2 mins, treadmill for 15 mins, 3.8mph, 0% incline, Weights again but this time 40 pounds @ 20 reps, change position, 40 pounds @ 20 reps, change position, 40 pounds @ 20 reps, treadmill for 30 mins, walking and running, 3.8mph-4.8mph, 3% incline down to 0% incline. Weight ball toss for 30 mins.
 Unfortunately I did not get to workout last night because I had to go to court for a ticket [grr] but I probably would have still taken yesterday off because my arms and legs are a tad bit sore from the weights. I'm hoping to keep this up and either do it 5 or more times a week with maybe 1 or 2 resting days in between.

I know this is what most people's resolutions are for the new year but this is actually not one of mine. I don't like to set resolutions because most of the time they don't get completed and I don't stick with them. So I just figured I'd do this just to do it. Also going to try to start eating better. Here's my list of stuff I plan on getting at the store when I have money/time to go grocery shopping.

  1. Salad mix
  2. Tomatoes
  3. Squash
  4. Zucinni
  5. Pineapple
  6. Apples
  7. Bananas
  8. Cilantro
  9. Bell Peppers
  10. Frozen fajita chicken
  11. Frozen fajita steak
  12. Head of lettuce
  13. Pita bread
  14. Oatmeal
  15. Crystal Light
  16. Bottled water
  17. Milk
  18. Lean cuisine [when I'm too lazy to make something]
Are you working out? Do you have any tips and lists on what you buy at the store? Yet again, I'm not doing this as a new years resolution. Just simply want to try to eat better and work out. I don't have a goal as to how much weight I want to lose or if I'll even lose that much weight but I'm doing it to be healthier and have a better life.

Hope you all are having a great day and feel free to give me your input, advice, techniques, tips and grocery lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment