Sunday, February 27, 2011

Eyeshadow of the Day: February 27th, 2011

So today I thought I'd try doing a smokey eye with my coastal scents palette. I'm using the coastal scents 88 prism palette. I absolutely love this palette. There are so many different colors to choose from and the price for the palette is awesome. They range from $18.99 to $20.99 I believe. Anyway, let's get started!



To start off my makeup, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can find this at Ulta and Sephora for $18. It's a little pricey but a lot goes a long way and it works very well. I used a little on the my eyelids and used my fingers to spread it around the entire eyelid.



After spreading this around, I was ready to start on my eyeshadow. I chose a kind of shimmery black for the crease and v and then used a gray color for the middle and inside part of my eyelid. 


I am using the crease brush by coastal scents to apply the eyeshadow to the lid.


 Now I know what you're thinking. "Is she using a concealer brush for eyeshadow?". Yes, yes I am. It's weird I know but since I don't use it for concealer (yet) I have found that it does a pretty good job packing on the color! So I used it to put the gray color on my lid and to then blend it with the black so the black wouldn't be so BLACK. lol.

After finishing up with the eyeshadow, I applied L'Oreal double extend mascara to my lashes. I don't have a lash curler yet so I skip that step. Then you end up with the finished product!


I had to take the pictures with my phone so in this picture you can't really even see that I have black eyeshadow on :(. 


This picture, however, you can see that I applied black. I think this look is a really pretty look for just every day makeup.




These were all the products I used, besides the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I decided for this look that I would not apply gray to my lower lash line and I decided against wearing eye liner.

Hope you guys like this look. I'm still practicing with makeup so I hope to get better at doing my eyeshadow later on lol.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment